April 28, 2014
Chocolate & peanut butter molten lava cakes
I didn’t really expect the recipe to work. It was one of those “you know I’m not really bothered to measure or to whip out my recipe book but I’ll just mix some stuff together and pray to the baking god’s that it works” And boy, did it work!
Best of all, this recipe is simple and it’s only made of 7 staple pantry ingredients.
Oozy chocolate and peanut butter lava wrapped in a moist and fluffy chocolate cake. Need I say more?
So what are you waiting for?! Get up, get out and get this thing cooking!
Until next time…
- 7 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp raw caster sugar (or brown sugar)
- 7 tbsp almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Grease 4 ramekins, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa.
- Whisk in the coconut oil and milk until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture among the ramekins, 1/3 way through.
- Place 1 tbsp-full of peanut butter in each ramekin.
- Top with remaining batter, covering the peanut butter.
- Bake for 10-15 min or until the center of the cakes are slightly under-cooked and wobbly when shaken.
- Cool for 5 min before serving.