July 6, 2014
Ultimate vanilla coconut doughnuts for my birthday
So I’m guessing that by the title of this post you know what’s up…
It’s my birthday! I’ve officially turned 17 *insert shocked face here*
So in honor of the birth of this gorgeous face (just kidding ahem) I made my ultimate vanilla and coconut doughnuts… and yes- I made my own birthday treat and cake because I’m freaky like that.
I’m keeping this birthday quite small, just the family and a few close friends. I’ve made a almond crunch cake which is chilling in the refrigerator as we speak… a 4 layer vanilla bean cake, covered in coconut whipped cream and dusted with and ‘almond crunch’.
I’ve also made these vanilla coconut doughnuts which I am in love with. As you might now by the endless amount of coconut posts that I am obsessed (key word: obsessed) with coconut.
Fluffy bites of vanilla and coconut baked doughnuts, moist and fluffy sweet morsels of heaven, I like to call them.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- melted coconut oil, to coat
- extra desiccated coconut, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, coconut flour, desiccated coconut, raw sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until smooth.
- Pipe the batter into a lightly greased doughnut pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until it springs back to the touch. Alternatively- you can make these doughnuts in a doughnut maker.
- Cool completely before lightly brushing with melted coconut oil and dusting generously with coconut.