So I’m guessing that by the title of this post you know what’s up…
It’s my birthday! I’ve officially turned 17 *insert shocked face here*
So in honor of the birth of this gorgeous face (just kidding ahem) I made my ultimate vanilla and coconut doughnuts… and yes- I made my own birthday treat and cake because I’m freaky like that.
I’m keeping this birthday quite small, just the family and a few close friends. I’ve made a almond crunch cake which is chilling in the refrigerator as we speak… a 4 layer vanilla bean cake, covered in coconut whipped cream and dusted with and ‘almond crunch’.
I’ve also made these vanilla coconut doughnuts which I am in love with. As you might now by the endless amount of coconut posts that I am obsessed (key word: obsessed) with coconut.
Fluffy bites of vanilla and coconut baked doughnuts, moist and fluffy sweet morsels of heaven, I like to call them.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- melted coconut oil, to coat
- extra desiccated coconut, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, coconut flour, desiccated coconut, raw sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until smooth.
- Pipe the batter into a lightly greased doughnut pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until it springs back to the touch. Alternatively- you can make these doughnuts in a doughnut maker.
- Cool completely before lightly brushing with melted coconut oil and dusting generously with coconut.